It’s just too good to be true.
October/November = pumpkin spice everything. December = gingerbread spice everything.
At least that’s how it is in my book. So before about a month ago I had only heard of regular lattes and never oatmeal lattes. I just had to give the oatmeal latte a try, and here is my spin on it for the holidays!
I hope you enjoy it!
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your creation with the hashtag #foodfinessa.
Gingerbread Oatmeal Latte.
- 1-1/2 cups milk (any type)
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup black coffee
- 1/2 cup warm milk (any type)
- mini gingerbread cookies (for garnish)
Heat 1-1/2 cups milk, oats, maple syrup, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves in a small saucepan over low heat, whisking frequently. Heat until oats are fully cooked. Remove from heat, and divide oatmeal between two cups.
Add about 1/4 cup black coffee to each of the cups on top of the oatmeal mixture. Froth about 1/2 cup warm milk until foamy. Add about 1/4 cup of this foam to top of lattes. Garnish with crushed gingerbread cookies. Happy Holidays!