Individual-size pumpkin cake – snickerdoodle style!
Pumpkin Cinnamon Sugar Cake Pops.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 55 minutes
Servings 10 cake pops
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup light, packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coffee or milk
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon your favorite vanilla frosting
- 1/2 cup white, granulated sugar + 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup roughly 12 halves pecans, halved
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8” baking pan with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, oil, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, and milk. Whisk in flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Pour batter into pan, and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cake to cool completely.
Once cool, chop the cake into rough quarters. Take each quarter, and grate into a large bowl by rubbing two together. Once you have cake crumbs, mix in vanilla frosting. Crumbs should be moist. Take about 2 tablespoons of dough, and roll into a ball. Roll in cinnamon sugar mixture. Place one pecan half in top of ball to resemble stem of pumpkin. Stick straw or cake pop stick in top of cake pop as well. Serve, and eat!