A classic Thanksgiving side dish perfect for all those picky eaters
Simple Herb Parmesan Stuffing.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
- 2-1/2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon light, packed brown sugar
- 2 cups cremini mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 10 cups sourdough bread or thick wheat bread, cubed
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9” diameter circular baking dish.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil, onion, brown sugar, and mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms are tender. Add garlic, thyme, sage, and rosemary. Cook for another minute or until garlic and herbs are slightly caramelized. Remove from heat, add salt and pepper, and stir in butter.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and veggie broth. Add bread and parmesan. Add mushroom mixture, and stir until bread is well coated in mixture. Pour into baking dish. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until the stuffing is golden on top. Serve, and enjoy!