Easter is tomorrow, and I have the perfect cake to make.
Both the cake and its title are mouthfuls.
You may know by now that every season, I make and photograph a cake that is representative of the specific season. Last summer was this Very Berry Chiffon Layer Shortcake, the autumn brought this Apple Orchard Caramel Layer Cake, and from the winter stemmed this Winter Wonderland Coconut Angel Food Layer Cake. And this spring, I am bringing you this Carrot Patch Cinnamon Coffee Bundt Cake with Nutella Icing. What’s not to love?!
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your creation with the hashtag #foodfinessa.
Carrot Patch Cinnamon Coffee Bundt Cake with Nutella Icing.
Cinnamon Sugar Pecan Filling
- 1/2 cup white, granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
Carrot Bundt Cake
- 1 cup white, granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light, packed brown sugar
- ½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 4 large eggs
- zest 1 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups fresh carrot, shredded
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon nutella
- 4 tablespoons milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bundt cake. Set aside.
Mix all cinnamon sugar pecan filling ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together white sugar, brown sugar, yogurt, eggs, orange zest, and vanilla. Fold in flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Fold in shredded carrot.
Pour half of batter into greased bundt cake. Sprinkle on cinnamon sugar filling, and top with remaining batter. Bake cake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
While cake is cooling, whisk together nutella icing ingredients. Once cake is completely cool, drizzle on icing. Serve, and enjoy!