Ever want cake for one? Look no further…
And the countdown to the release of my stop motion short, A Love Story begins!
Believe it or not, this cake was made in the microwave.
I’ve always been a huge fan of cinnamon rolls. And what better way to kick off the countdown than with a cinnamon roll mug cake.
This mug cake is the perfect balance of sweetness and gooey-ness. Think of a soufflé-like texture for the cake and a perfectly sweetened royal icing. Simply yum 🙂
And with that, I’ll see you tomorrow for Day 2 of the countdown!
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your creation with the hashtag #foodfinessa.
Simple Gooey Cinnamon Roll Mug Cake.
Cinnamon Roll Mug Cake
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk (any type)
- 1-1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon confectioner’s sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk (any type)
Whisk together egg, milk, maple syrup, confectioner’s sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla together in
a large mug. Whisk in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg until just combined.
Microwave cake on high for 2 minutes. While cooking, whisk icing ingredients in a small bowl.
Once cake is done cooking, drizzle on icing, and serve warm. Eat!